Steps By Step guide for visualizing NetDMF data in Paraview3
Revision as of 15:21, 28 April 2010 by Aashish.chaudhary (Created page with '* '''Load the required plugins. You will need ''NetDMFPlugin'' and ''TableToGraphPanelPlugin''.''' x400px x400px *'''Load the data v…')
- Load the required plugins. You will need NetDMFPlugin and TableToGraphPanelPlugin.
- Load the data via File->Open as usual in Paraview.
- Load the plugin TableToGraph via Filters menu. If recently used it will show up in Recent if not select Alphabetical and find it there.
- NetDMF reader has two outputs (each is vtkTable). Select the Communication for Input and Spatial Reference for Vertex Table. For details look at the documentation of vtkTableToGraph .
- For this particular dataset Source and Target both are IP addresses and so as the Id' in Spatial Reference. Set the Domain in Link Vertices section to Id for both Target and Source. (In the newer version of Panel select it from drop down.)
- For "Link Edges" section select "Source" and "Target" to have edges between these in the output graph.
- To make a 3D Graph or spatial aware graph, select CollapseVertices filter from Filters menu. For this dataset we would like to collapse them by Hierarchy array and want to aggregate edge data for Size array.
For more information on vtkCollapseVerticesByArray filter see